Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Contrast and Glittttttttter!!!!



This was an interesting shoot as it started out as simply an add-on to another photography session and was decided on only a day or two before! But I ended up being really excited about it... Mainly because there was going to be glitter involved!

There were some lovely moments and Nikki didn't grumble once - despite being in a nightie. Sinead O'Sullivan, the costume designer brought various items to choose from but the skimpiest one just look better!! Sorry Nikki : )

The make-up was designed by Anna Lewandowska who had free reign to do whatever she wanted - as long as it was dramatic and glittery! I love the green on the lids - beeaautiful!

We had a fab window with loads of light and a young model with fantastic bone structure! What could go wrong? Ah... you've guessed it! The glitter!!!

Not only did it not behave as it was required too - a gentle stream of glitter shimmering across the scene - but it also got EVERY where! Every where except in the photos! Infuriating! Thank fully we had covered the whole floor with bin liners and were extremely careful with the hired space - as I knew Simon, who rented us The Invisible Dot, already had reservations about the glitter. I only wish he could have seen me clearing up after, stalking every stray pieces with gaffa tape. I looked like a mad woman!!!





But I had learnt a lesson that day: I can happily work with animals and children... but never again glitter!